Eyeglasses repair--Tuning and daily maintenance skills
Due to everyday wear and tear, regardless of the price, designs, materials and the brands,
as the wearing time increases, the temples are not flat on both sides,
the external expansion is serious
and the asymmetry of the nose pads will occur!
squeezing frame or loosening of the glasses screws.
More often, the glasses tend to slide down when wearing them.
Although you cannot repair all types of repairs on all types of glasses,
It is still possible to fix eyeglasses for some common problems by DIY.
1. Horizontal tilt, the height of the left and right frames is inconsistent
2. When the lenses surface is not flat
3, the height of the frame is not suitable
4, the frame is parallel shift
5, the temple is too loose or too tight
6. The glasses sliding on nose
The difficulty for eyeglasses repair is to find suitable eyeglasses parts and tools.
We still try our best to offer you diversified glasses parts.
You glasses parts such nose pads, glasses temple and different size screws.
You may also need some tools such as glasses pliers, glasses screwdriver.
What are parts of eyeglasses?
Eleven eyeglasses parts you should know
1. Front: the front part of frame
2. Rim wire: Fix the lens on the frame
3. Top bar: The top edge of the left and right mirror ring is connected to the aviator style glasses.
4. End pieces: the joints between the rim and the hinge, they are the small parts on the frame that extend outward and connect the lenses to the temples
5. Bridge: Connect the left and right rim wires or connect directly to the lens. Some acetate bridge is placed directly on the nose.
6. Hinge: Connect a joint of the pile head and the temple arm so that the arm can be folded inward
7. Rim lock: Loosen the screw to open the upper and lower rim wire for easy installation of the lens. The locking screw secures the lens.
8. Eyeglasses Temples: The handle on both sides of the glasses
9. End tip: Cover the end of the temple
10. Pad arm: An adjustable metal material nose joint for connecting metal to soft nose pads
11. Nose pads: The nose pads are the round plastic or silica gel pieces under the bridge that sit on your nose. They give your glasses a more comfortable and secure fit.